Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Flexibility and Functional Strength in No Time
by Thomas Kurz, the world’s foremost expert on flexibility and stretching.
Video: 146 minutes | DVD | System: NTSC
(Our DVDs are only in NTSC but they play in virtually all PAL DVD players.)
Add to cart
Get the flexibility you need—quickly and painlessly—with Flexibility Express!
Spend only 15-30 minutes twice a week on our Flexibility Express exercises, which simultaneously increase strength and flexibility, and in just a few weeks you’ll perform splits, back bridges, and high kicks with ease.
- Achieve great flexibility and functional strength at the same time! At any age!
- Do back bridges, high kicks and splits with no warm-up—fast and easy!
- Stop wasting your time on the usual stretches that give minimal flexibility that doesn’t last!
All exercises are demonstrated by a senior citizen, a 55-year-old man—if he can do it, you can do it!
This easy-to-follow DVD offers a proven method of increasing your range of motion while increasing your strength—whatever your age or flexibility level.
With Flexibility Express DVD you will be an expert on strength and flexibility training. This is what every instructor of sports or martial arts ought to know!
You will learn…
- how to arrange your strength exercises and stretches for the quickest results (so you can achieve splits and back bridges quickly and painlessly)
- how to have your full flexibility—your back bridges, high kicks and splits, normally available only after a warm-up—without any warm-up
- how to recognize and correct small errors that hold you back or even cause injuries
- how to test your flexibility potential (to see if you can achieve front splits, side splits or Chinese splits, and back bridges even before you start the training)
You will learn innovative functional exercise progressions from weighted squats to splits and back bridges. Each exercise will build your muscles while increasing your flexibility, saving both your time and energy. The saved time and energy then can be used for more and better practice of your skills….
Attention: No stretching equipment or stretching machines are needed, but strength exercises require weights (barbells, dumbbells, or kettlebells).
Table of Contents
Test Your Flexibility Potential
- Front Split Test
- Side Split Test
- Back Bridge Test: Thoracic Mobility
- Back Bridge Test: Hip Flexors Length
Introduction to Flexibility Express
- Save Time
- Flexibility: Children vs. Adults
- Flexibility and Weightlifting
Static Flexibility: Squats to Splits
- Static Flexibility Definition
- Wall Squat
- Wide Squat
- Isometric Stretch
- Overhead Press in Wide Squat
- This Way of Stretching vs. Other Ways
- Demonstration of Joint Stability
- Adductor Flys
- Strengthening Lower Back
Static Flexibility: Squats to Back Bridges
- Overhead Squat and Back Bridges
- Wall Squat
- Wall Overhead Squat with a Ball
- Standing Forward Bend
- Hindu Push-up
- Wall Walking to Back Bridges
- Chest Stretch on Swiss Ball
- Back Brige Twist
- Mobilization of Thoracic Spine
Dynamic Flexibility: Dynamic Stretches
- Dynamic Flexibility Definition
- Examples of Dynamic Stretches for Arms
- Examples of Dynamic Stretches for Legs
- Examples of Dynamic Stretches for Trunk
- Dynamic Stretches: How many Repetitions and How Often
- Deadlift and Squat
- 1-minute Split Maintenance Routine
- Cool-Down Exercises
If you are interested in stretching, flexibility, and strength training, it may be worth your while to listen to the Interview on Flexibility and Strength for PhysiDex.com.
If you are not happy with your purchase of the video, return it within 90 days with your original invoice, and we will refund the price of merchandise (less shipping and handling)!
“I have been purchasing your products for many years, they are all filled with outstanding information. Your new DVD Flexibility Express is the best instructional video I have ever seen.”
Philip Ameris, 8th Degree Black Belt and Technical Director of A.I.M.A.A, New Kensington, PA,
“Flexibility and functional strength are the subjects of Flexibility Express, a new DVD from Stadion Publishing Co. To meet the needs of practitioners of all [martial] arts, Thomas Kurz designed the routine to maximize flexibility without sacrificing strength.”
“Even though stressing flexibility, this [DVD] does a great job in educating the practitioner in performing movements both correctly and productively for overall total body flexibility with concurrent strength gains in a very specific fashion that will benefit the athlete’s overall performance of movements specific to his or her athletic endeavor.
“With my expertise being in the combative sports and military disciplines, I really do wish I had had this program with Mr. Kurz’s philosophy guiding my physical development. I know I would NOW have far fewer aches and pains caused from injuries due to that old: `no pain, no gain,’ mentality—both in the military and during my athletic endeavors. This, no doubt, resulted in long term pain today. Gentle and correct exercise and training progressions makes for a better athlete—longer.
“I highly recommend this video for both the flexibility development, but also for the way strength is addressed. It will definitely benefit those involved in combative sports disciplines, while offering a strong base for those contemplating a military career in ground combat.”
Rev. A. Bodhi Chenevey, RM, DD, Hikaze Learning Corner, Wooster, OH. (See full review at diversifiedcombatartscience.blogspot.com.
“Full of new and very helpful information, much of which I have never seen before.”
Richard J. Vahl, DC, Ph.D, DAAPM, FASBE, CCSP(C), MFS, MSS
San Diego, CA
“The DVD has got 3 main parts:
How to do the box splits
How to do the back bridge
“Each part has the main exercise, then supplemental exercises to help you achieve the [main] exercise. I thought that the bonus material should have formed some of the main content: the warm up routines and videos on squat and deadlift are very useful.
“Kurz presents in a very understated fashion […] It makes a change from the hype and hoopla presented on commercial DVDs.
“I did all the exercises in my sitting room, and just needed to get a kettlebell, 2 tennis balls and a sock.”
James Marshall, Excelsior Group, Willand, Devon, U.K.
(See full review at www.excelsiorgroup.co.uk.
See what others say about Flexibility Express.