Post questions and tips on right foods and right balance of nutrients for combat sports and martial arts, individual encounter games (for example, tennis), and team games.

Postby mougaly » Dec 05, 2011 03:22

Why do you have to give up caffeine when you start body building or toning up and weight loss? When I start new programs for body toning and weight loss, they usually provide a diet. These diets always tell you to stop caffeine completely. Why? I went to curves, dropped 2 sizes, but my fat index remained the same. They asked if drank caffeine. Yes!
yahoo keyword tool ~ overture ~ traffic estimator ~ adwords traffic estimator
Last edited by mougaly on Dec 08, 2011 02:13, edited 1 time in total.

Re: caffeine

Postby Thomas Kurz » Dec 07, 2011 12:06

Perhaps because too much caffeine ruins your deep sleep, when the most important for lean-body mass releases of growth hormone occur. This may be why you lost weight but retained fat % and didn't gain much muscle.

Also, people who eat high-carb need caffeine to counteract effects of the high-glycemic index and the high-glycemic load of such diet, but that caffeine screws them up further (see above).
Thomas Kurz
Madrej glowie dosc dwie slowie
Thomas Kurz
Site Admin

Return to Nutrition for Combat Sports, Individual Encounter Sports, and Team Games