fatigue and number of excersise ie. confusion- help!!!

Post questions and tips on developing maximal strength.

fatigue and number of excersise ie. confusion- help!!!

Postby happynhealthy » Mar 13, 2006 15:32

My questions are related to what i have read and thought i understood from Mr. Kurz books and articles. As i have re-read them i have some confusion..... please help clear these up. thank you very much kevin

questions

1. endurance and fatigue - if i have done sqauts and good mornings on friday and wake up saturday sore(hips, upperlegs, back) can i still run and do my scheduled endurance work if im going to work those same areas?

2. hip flexour- if im working more intensive hip flexour excersises like lying leg raises, should i do them every other day with my stomach excersises? or 2 times a week with my strength w/o?

3. lower back- if im do more intense excersises for my back like good mornings can i or should i also do back exstensions the same w/o?

4. intensity order- my understanding is that you do excersises in order of outside body to inside (core) but also in order of what excersise is going to be hardest.... so should i do hardest arm and leg excersises followed by hardest core excersises followed by high repetition arm and leg excersises followed by high repetition core excersises?

i hope these questions make sense and again thank you all for you time and energy especially you Mr. Kurzs for your dedication and compassion to us all
sincerely kevin
happynhealthy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 13, 2006 14:48

Re: fatigue and number of excersise ie. confusion- help!!!

Postby dragon » Mar 14, 2006 06:25

Hi,I'll try and help...

happynhealthy wrote:1. endurance and fatigue - if i have done sqauts and good mornings on friday and wake up saturday sore(hips, upperlegs, back) can i still run and do my scheduled endurance work if im going to work those same areas?


As you get stronger and more conditioned you will find that you won't be as sore(if at all) the day after.

happynhealthy wrote:2. hip flexour- if im working more intensive hip flexour excersises like lying leg raises, should i do them every other day with my stomach excersises? or 2 times a week with my strength w/o?


I would class this as ab work.

happynhealthy wrote:3. lower back- if im do more intense excersises for my back like good mornings can i or should i also do back exstensions the same w/o?


I personally wouldn't do them in the same workout.One lower back exercise should be enough.

happynhealthy wrote:4. intensity order- my understanding is that you do excersises in order of outside body to inside (core) but also in order of what excersise is going to be hardest.... so should i do hardest arm and leg excersises followed by hardest core excersises followed by high repetition arm and leg excersises followed by high repetition core excersises?


Again,personally i would put high rep work at the end of a strength workout rather than breaking my workout up with "low rep,high rep,low rep high rep".

Hope this helps to address some of your confusion.

Dragon.
dragon
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Jul 03, 2004 05:55

Re: fatigue and number of excersise ie. confusion- help!!!

Postby Thomas Kurz » Mar 16, 2006 14:58

happynhealthy wrote:My questions are related to what i have read and thought i understood from Mr. Kurz books and articles. As i have re-read them i have some confusion..... please help clear these up. thank you very much kevin

questions

1. endurance and fatigue - if i have done sqauts and good mornings on friday and wake up saturday sore(hips, upperlegs, back) can i still run and do my scheduled endurance work if im going to work those same areas?


Soreness should stop being a factor in a couple of weeks--just like dragon said. Nevertheless, if you run on the day after doing heavy weight training for your legs, your running times will be worse than if you rested one day between those workouts. But then running times are not the greatest concern for fighters who run for condition and not for running records.

happynhealthy wrote:2. hip flexour- if im working more intensive hip flexour excersises like lying leg raises, should i do them every other day with my stomach excersises? or 2 times a week with my strength w/o?


I do all my strength exercises for the lower back and legs (including hip flexors) in the same workout, twice per week.

happynhealthy wrote:3. lower back- if im do more intense excersises for my back like good mornings can i or should i also do back exstensions the same w/o?


See above.
Thomas Kurz
Madrej glowie dosc dwie slowie
Thomas Kurz
Site Admin
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Dec 03, 2003 08:04


Return to Maximal Strength

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron