Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
by Jan Kwasniewski
Softcover 176 pages
Add to cart
Optimal Nutrition is the first English-language guide to Dr. Jan Kwasniewski’s optimal diet. (Note: Diet here doesn’t mean a temporary limitation or elimination of certain foods, but rather a proper way to eat for life.) The book gives all the information needed to begin the diet, including practical principles for applying the diet in daily life, the effect the diet has on healthy people, and how it treats various diseases. To make starting the optimal diet even easier, Optimal Nutrition also contains recipes for a full week’s menu.
Jan Kwasniewski, MD, was born in 1937 in Poland. In 1961 he graduated from the Military Medical Academy (Wojskowa Akademia Medyczna in Lodz) with a specialization in physical medicine. In 1965 he began working at the Military Sanatorium in Ciechocinek, where he was employed for many years. Early in his career at the sanatorium, he was ordered (it was a military sanatorium) to become a dietitian and was put in charge of patients’ nutrition and diets. He took on the assignment seriously, he studied the subject thoroughly, and within a couple of years (in 1968), he developed the optimal diet, which was proven effective at treating many diseases, such as auto-immune disorders, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, digestive system diseases, and obesity.
Since the late 1960s, thanks to Dr. Kwasniewski’s books, millions of people all over the world have followed his optimal diet.
Table of Contents
PRINCIPLES OF THE OPTIMAL DIET
1. The Role of Food in Human Life
2. What Is the Optimal Diet Based On?
3. Why Is This the Optimal Diet?
4. Other Ways People Nourish Themselves
5. Advantages of the Optimal Diet
6. The Optimal Diet and the Social Role of Food
THE OPTIMAL DIET IN DAILY LIFE
1. When and How Much to Eat?
2. What Should Be Eaten?
3. Animal Fats—The Basic Staple in Optimal Nutrition
4. Protein Is Life
5. Carbohydrates—OK, But How Much?
6. Our Daily Bread
7. Soups in the Optimal Diet
8. The Real Nutritive Value of Fruits and Vegetables
9. Drinking and Beverages
10. To Sweeten or Not to Sweeten?
11. Listing of Products According to Their Applicability in the Optimal Diet
ECONOMIZING ON THE OPTIMAL DIET
1. How to Shop
2. Optimal Cuisine Is a Saving
BENEFITS OF THE OPTIMAL DIET FOR HEALTHY PEOPLE
1. A Patient’s Letter
2. The Truth About Obesity
3. Nutrition for Pregnant Women and [for] Children
HEALING PROPERTIES OF THE OPTIMAL DIET
1. Why Are People Sick?
2. The Two Traditional Models of Human Eating Patterns
3. Illnesses and Diseases Caused by “Pasture Eating”
4. Diseases Resulting from the “Piggish” Eating Pattern
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE OPTIMAL DIET
MENUS AND RECIPES FOR A WEEK ON THE OPTIMAL DIET
NUTRITIVE TABLES OF SOME COMMON FOODS
If you are not happy with your purchase of the book, return it within 90 days with your original invoice, and we will refund the price of merchandise (less shipping and handling)!
For health and thus for optimal function, I follow Dr. Kwasniewski’s optimal diet as explained in his book Optimal Nutrition. The book gives good advice and many recipes.
Long before being acquainted with Dr. Kwasniewski’s work, I used Barry Sears’ advice from his first Zone book, but soon I discovered that I had to make adjustments to this diet to fit my needs: I had to decrease the amount of carbohydrate and protein and increase fat, especially saturated fat. What I arrived at turned out to be very similar to the way of eating Dr. Kwasniewski advises.
My views on nutrition are found in the following posts:
Kwasniewski has helped thousands of people suffering from various illnesses officially considered by the contemporary medicine as incurable. In a great majority of cases patients were cured. The ailments include: Buerger’s disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), arthritis, gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes and many others.
The most spectacular effect of the optimal diet can be observed in diabetics (both type I and II). No diabetic who opted for a method commonly applied in modern medicine can expect a cure of this disease, but 80% of those who have chosen the optimal diet will overcome their disease and the remaining 20% are going to be much better off.